If you are a newly-married or re-married couple, or a couple who has been together
for decades, you know that every part of your life is being affected by illness on a daily basis.
Your 3-Day Destination Couples Retreat is an exceptional, personalized experience specifically designed for Couples Facing Life-threatening & Chronic Illness.
Are you facing…
- Chronic Pain
- Crohn’s Disease
- Hashimoto’s Disease
- or another illness
… that affects both of you and your relationship every day?
It is very common for both of you to have trouble conceptualizing or talking about your fears and anxieties; and your feelings of hopelessness and powerlessness.
You are both yanked out of your life and catapulted into survival mode.
Then, most people stay in survival mode. Some can dig down deep and find coping mechanisms to deal with what’s next, and what’s next after that.
Some people can’t find “good enough” coping mechanisms, and fall into feelings of denial, numbness or checking out through “feel-better” behaviors.
It is completely normal for you to…
- Have a single focus on the diagnosis and medical plan and little or no focus on your marriage.
- Be experiencing shock, numbness and disbelief.
- Be grieving.
- Not be aware, yet how this illness impacts affects and influences you and your relationship on a daily basis.
- Be afraid that life as you knew it is over. And it might be.
- Believe that your hopes and dreams, your vision and goals for the future are unachievable now. And they may be.
Your 3-Day Destination Couples Retreat is your solution.
You have been spending so much time, focus and energy on the logistics related to restoring your heath or your partner’s health, that you have literally not had the time or the energy to focus each other and your relationship.
- You will have the opportunity to make and take the time to put your day-to-day life on hold.
- You will have the time to deepen your connection to yourself, to your partner, and to your relationship.
- You will thank yourself when you make this investment in yourself, your partner and your marriage in a picturesque and captivating city for influencers, creatives and cultures from around the world.
The highlights of your destination couples retreat
Can you just imagine…
- A few days to stop the world and enjoy leisure time and being pampered in an exclusive, luxurious setting.
- A respite from the pressures of your life and the world you live in.
- The opportunity to focus on yourself, your partner and your relationship –uninterrupted.
- A rare chance to have personal time to be reflective and introspective.
- As much time as you choose to BE with each other in private and elegant surroundings.
- A time to receive focused, personal attention and facilitated, practical experience.
- A way to share a truly effective and transformational experience together.
You and your partner will be immersed into a whole system of simple, yet powerful models, tools and strategies that will…
- Stretch your thinking.
- Deepen your connection to yourself and one another.
- Increase your emotional consciousness.
- Provide the focused framework that will inspire you to shift from where you are into renewed closeness and connection.
- Awaken to the previously unseen and unfolding possibilities in your connection.
The objective, benefit & outcome of your destination couples retreat
The objective of this extraordinary experience is to introduce you and your partner to this highly innovative, exceptional way to transform your relationship; and provide a safe, relaxed, and sacred environment for you to stretch and grow personally and relationally in a very compressed timeframe.
The benefit of your Destination Couples Retreat is that you will shift your unconscious or less conscious, reactive behavior patterns to intentional, conscious, co-created relating and loving.
The outcome will be that your old ways of reacting to each other will be replaced by your new awareness and choosing to use the set of relationship skills and processes you will have learned, deeply informed by your ever-expanding sense of compassion, understanding, love, and respect for each other.
Before + after your destination couples retreat
Pre-Retreat Coaching sessions and Post-Retreat Coaching sessions are included in this Program.
Pre-Retreat sessions will enable the three of us to get acquainted and get comfortable with each other before we meet in person, and allow time for me to gather essential information about you and your relationship so we can use every minute of our time together to its highest use.
Post-Retreat sessions will enable me to provide additional support after you return to your normal lives, and ensure that you are using the new skills and tools that you learned and practiced when we were together in person, and deepen and strengthen those that might not be working as well as they might.
Ready to know more
3-Day Destination Couples Retreats are offered in Panamá City, Panamá.
Please take a virtual tour of this “European jewel on the Pacific:”
There is a wide variety of very affordable hotels in Panamá City. One of my personal favorites for Destination Couples Retreats is the American Trade Hotel, in Casco, Viejo. https://www.acehotel.com/panama
Transportation to Panamá City
Panamá City is served by United Airlines and American Airlines from many US cities. It is also served by COPA airlines from many US, Central American and South American cities. Panamá City is also a destination for many popular European and Mid-East airlines.
Transportation around Panamá City
Panamá City is a city that is very easy and very safe to walk around. Taxis are plentiful and you can get almost anywhere you want to go for $4 or less in an UBER.
I will pick you up from Tocuman Airport when you arrive and take you back to Tocuman Airport when you depart. When we meet to work together, I will pick you up from and take you back to your hotel.
We can talk much more about the details of your retreat after we all decide that a Destination Couples Retreat is the right format for you and your partner to do to meet your relationship goals.
Let’s talk and explore how I can help
If you are looking for BIG shifts and vastly different results than you have ever had with other kinds of marriage support, then you are in the right place!
Vastly different and undeniably better results are achieved when….
1. You understand what YOU want for yourself, from your partner and with each other in your marriage;
2. You focus on exactly what YOU need to be your BEST Self in the presence of your partner.
Your relationship success doesn’t have anything to do with what I think you should do.
Here’s your first step
Please complete and submit this Couples Facing Illness Conversation Application so I can know a few of the basics about you and your partner, and we can make the best use of our time together during our first phone conversation.
Then watch your Inbox for an email from me in a day or two with a link to my Personal Online Calendar so you can schedule your Couples Facing Illness Conversation with me soon.
If you do not hear back from me in a few days, first check your junk mail folder and then email me and make sure I received your Application.
Please know that these Marriage Coaching Programs are educational and not therapy. All information gathered during the intake and registration process is strictly confidential. Every effort has been made to accurately represent the intention and quality of these Programs and the content on this web site. Nothing in the content of this web site is intended to be interpreted as promises, guarantees or warranties. Please understand that you create your own unique results based on your effort, your commitment to your personal growth, your life experience, vision, values, and your own resources. Your results are achieved by the choices you make.