Whether or not you embrace the teachings of the Dalai Lama, these “Instructions For Life” seem very universal to me; and something we can all benefit from remembering every now and then. Now seems like the right time to remind ourselves.
I hope you are as grateful as I am to be reminded of what is truly important.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR LIFE
- Take into account that great love and great achievements involve risk.
- When you lose, don’t lose the lesson.
- Follow the 3 R’s:
–Respect for Self
–Respect for others
–Responsibility for all your actions
- Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.
- Learn all the rules so you know how to break them properly.
- Don’t let a little dispute injure a great relationship.
- When you realize you’ve made a mistake take immediate steps to correct it.
- Spend some time alone every day.
- Open arms to change, but don’t let go of your values.
- Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
- Live a good honorable life. Then, upon reflection, you’ll be able to enjoy it a second time.
- A loving atmosphere in your home is the foundation for your life.
- In a disagreement with loved ones, deal only with the current situation. Don’t bring up the past.
- Share your knowledge. It’s a way to achieve immortality.
- Be gentle with the earth.
- Go someplace you’ve never been before.
- Remember that the best relationship is one in which your love for each other exceeds your need for each other.
- Judge your success by what you have to give up in order to get it.
- Approach love and cooking with reckless abandonment.
Remember, only YOU can make it happen!
Enjoy my FREE Guide, 3 UN-Loving Traps Couples Face Living With Illness.